Email : email@example.com
Biological properties of natural compounds and its cellular mechanism of action. Cellular response systems involved in multidrug resistance system and oxidative stress response system
- Somboon, P., and Soontorngun, N., An actin depolymerizing agent 19,20-epoxycytochalasin Q of Xylaria sp. BCC 1067 enhanced antifungal action of azole drugs through ROS-mediated cell death in yeast. Microbiological Research 243, 126646, 2021.
- Watchaputi K, Somboon P, Phromma-In N, Ratanakhanokchai K, Soontorngun N. Actin cytoskeletal inhibitor 19,20-epoxycytochalasin Q sensitizes yeast cells lacking ERG6 through actin-targeting and secondarily through disruption of lipid homeostasis. Scientific Report 11, 7779, 2021.
- Sunthonkun, P., Palajaia, R., Somboon, P., Lee Suan, C., Ungsurangsric, M., and Soontorngun, N., Life-span extension by pigmented rice bran in the model yeast, Scientific Report 9, 18061, 2019.
- Somboon, P., Poonsawas, A., Wattanachaisaereekul. S., Jensen, LT., Niimi, M., Cheevadhanarak, S., Soontorngun, N., “Fungicide Xylaria sp. BCC 1067 extract induces ROS and activates multidrug resistance system in Saccharomyces cerevisiae”, Future Microbiology. 2017 (12)5: 417-440.
- Abdullah FI, Chua LS, Rahmat Z, Soontorngun N, Somboon P., “Trypsin Hydrolysed Protein Fractions as Radical Scavengers and Anti-bacterial Agents from Ficus deltoidei”, International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics, 2017.
- Jansuriyakul ,S., Somboon, P., Rodboon, N., Kurylenko, O., Sibirny, A. and Soontorngun, N., “The zinc cluster transcriptional regulator Asg1 transcriptionally coordinates oleate utilization and lipid accumulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae”, Applied Microbiology Biotechnology. 2016 May;100(10):4549-4560.
Soontorngun, N., Somboon, P., Watchaputi, K., Frontier in Antifungal Treatments Against Major Human Fungal Opportunistic Pathogen Candida Species and Medically Important Fungi, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2019.
- The 1st Winner of 3-minute Thesis (3MT) in “CommTech IDEAS 2017 and JWGEA 2017”, Indonesia. (Engineering and Scientific Conference)
- The Joint Workshop for Global Engineers in Asia (JWGEA) 2017, Indonesia. (Engineering and Scientific Conference)
- The 3rd Winner of Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition 2017, KMUTT
- The 5th International Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Outstanding Oral Presentation Award